What if I say your company’s success relies on someone else’s success?
Yes… you read it right!
Growing your business is possible if your products or services are good enough and help users reach their goals.
Today’s market is customer-centric, and the top-performing organizations are those that focus on customer success more than their competitors do.
Believe it or not, customer success is the best strategy to boost customer happiness. And as we all know, happy customers always lead to growing business.
Considering the significance of customer success, today we’ll discuss how to drive customer success with interactive content. So, let’s get started from the basics and understand more about it.
What is Customer Success?
Customer success is meeting customers’ requirements when using your products or services.
This may imply deploying your team as strategists, thought associates, and the customer’s advocate internally to meet those demands.
However, customer success is more than just fulfilling customer needs. It’s also about focusing on customer relationships.
Customer success management includes proactively predicting customer questions or challenges and actively providing resolutions.
Customer Success vs. Customer Support
Customer success and customer support- are both essential functions within a business that aim to provide excellent customer experiences, but they have different objectives and methods of achieving them.
Let’s break them down further in a definitive list:
- Approach: Customer success proactively examines and strategizes, while customer support acquires and replies.
- Goal: Customer success operates to acquire preferred business results with the customer journey. On the other hand, customer support concentrates on problem resolution and prevention.
- Talents & Disciplines: Customer success is consultative and can expand to various disciplines and industry expertise. Customer support experts have skills corresponding with marketing, engineering, and operational teams.
Both roles demand practitioners be resourceful issue solvers, empathetic, and thoroughly familiar with customers.
- Metrics: Customer success concentrates on metrics associated with business impacts, like customer retention, growth, and lifetime value.
Customer support metrics estimate the quality of the service delivered, solution times, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Business Impact: Customer success is usually a value-added business process, driving revenue and development.
On the other hand, customer support is vital to operating a business since customer questions always need to be answered.
Why Is Customer Success Important?
The worldwide customer success platform market will grow from $850M in 2020 to $3417.5M by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 26.10% within 2023-2028.
There is a reason why the demand for customer success platforms is increasing gradually.
Customer success allows organizations to unlock the value of their resolutions and get an exciting ROI. With customer success, companies can help achieve their business goals, and it:
- Develops trust
- Amplifies the relationship
- Brings higher satisfaction
Moreover, customer success interactions assist firms in collecting valuable consumer insights that are advantageous to the whole organization.
The more teams understand their clients and their requirements, the better they can provide quality experiences and form a healthier customer lifecycle.
Satisfied, loyal buyers generally become brand advocates and praise your business through social media posts, product reviews, and word-of-mouth suggestions.
How Does Customer Success Work?
There are three core elements required for customer success to be compelling. These comprise a customer success strategy, a solution, and a team and supervisor of a customer success workforce.
Select a Customer Success Solution
To proactively handle all communications with users, you’ll wish to deploy a customer success resolution on your team — implying customer success tools. A good customer success solution can assist you in the following:
- Understanding your customer’s requirements and pain points
- Monitoring their satisfaction levels
- Engaging with them in a manner that is personalized and relevant
Some typical features of customer success solutions are customer relationship management (CRM) software, communication tools (e.g., email, chat, and phone), analytics and reporting capabilities, and more.
Hire & Train a Customer Success Team
You’ll require an individual (or, perhaps, a team) to excel in customer success. The managers and representatives in your customer success team will depend on your business size and available resources. Expanding your team as your business grows is crucial to proactively help your customer base.
Create a Customer Success Strategy
Your customer success strategy depends on the type of product you offer and what your buyers want from you. Nevertheless, here are a few proven steps to building it for your business:
- Deploy the proper customer success tools.
- Recognize your customers’ end objectives (and why they require customer success).
- Build a shot and long-term roadmap for victory to demonstrate your business’s anticipations and goals.
- Share and execute the method on your team. Also, ensure everyone understands what’s expected of them separately and as a team.
- Examine your outcomes and discover whether your buyers have the software and support they want to succeed.
- Make changes to your strategy and the team with your growing business and user base.
Why Is Interactive Content a Gem for Customer Success?
Talking about customer success without including interactive content is just like talking about a pizza without cheese. It is a helpful tool for customer success since it provides many advantages that can enhance the customer experience and offer better results.
Let’s look at some benefits of interactive content for customer success:
- Improves Engagement: Interactive content facilitates customers to vigorously engage with the material, forming the experience more pleasant and memorable.
- Enhances Retention: By breaking down complicated concepts into shorter, more digestible chunks, interactive content can enhance customers’ capability of remembering and applying what they’ve discovered.
- Personalizes the Experience: Personalized online shopping experience is what customers look for in a brand these days. Businesses that use advanced personalization notice a return of $20 per $1 spent.
And interactive content lets you do that. With it, you can cater to each user’s needs and interests.
- Delivers Instant Solutions: Last but not least, you can provide real-time value and solutions to your customers through interactive content like quizzes and calculators.
8 Ways to Help Customers Succeed with Interactive Content
1. Offer Personalized Solutions with Quizzes
70% of customers spend more with businesses that provide fluid, personalized, and smooth customer experiences.
Interactive content types like quizzes help you accomplish multiple goals, including engagement, lead generation, and personalization. And these ultimately convert to customer success.
You can create various types of quizzes according to your target audience and business objectives.
- Regular Outcome Quizzes: These quizzes provide customers with personalized outcomes based on their answers. These could be a personality quiz, scored quiz, or a trivia quiz.
For instance, if you’re a clothing brand, you can create a quiz like “Which F.R.I.E.N.D.S Character Are You?”. This will attract users to take this personality test. And once you’ve engaged them, you can show them products related to that character. This would increase conversion rates for your brand.
- Social Media Quizzes: These quizzes have recently become popular among businesses. Social media quizzes are usually fun and viral in nature. This is why they are one of the best content pieces to generate leads and increase engagement on social media.
For instance, a travel firm could create a quiz asking users about their travel choices and share the outcomes on social media. This can generate relevant leads and increase brand awareness.
- eCommerce Recommendation Quizzes: eCommerce recommendation quizzes are created particularly for eCommerce sites. They can assist customers in finding products that fit their tastes and increase their chances of purchasing. You can simply list all your products and show the users options that fit them the best.
Quizzes are powerful interactive content that engages customers and delivers personalized recommendations.
By tailoring queries to their interests and choices, you can provide a more customized experience and expand the possibilities of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
To make the entire process of creating quizzes fast, you can opt for easy to use no-code tools that come with pre-made templates.
2. Educate with Infographics & Videos
Infographics and videos are incredibly engaging and visually attractive methods to educate customers and boost customer success.
Infographics utilize charts, graphics, and other graphical resources to deliver information in digestible parts. On the other hand, videos demonstrate how to use a service or product, offer educational content, or share customer reviews.
The key to customer success is providing information at every step of the buyer’s journey. And videos and infographics are apt for that.
3. Offer Real-time Value with Calculators
Customers are 2.4 times more likely to adhere to a business when their issues are solved quickly.
Calculators, a crucial interactive content type, can offer buyers real-time value effortlessly. They just have to fill in their requirements and are good to go.
For instance, a mortgage lender could make a calculator that allows customers to calculate their monthly mortgage expenditure based on their interest rate, loan amount, and other aspects.
With real-time value, you can establish yourself as a reliable and helpful resource for their users. Here are a few quick tips to aid you in building calculators that offer real-time value:
- Recognize your target user base and their exact requirements before making your calculator.
- Ensure your calculator is easy to navigate and user-friendly.
- Use concise and clear language, and avoid technical jargon.
- Make sure that your calculator offers factual and up-to-date outcomes.
- Test your calculator totally before releasing it to guarantee it works effortlessly.
4. Test Knowledge Using Tests & Assessments
Tests and assessments can be extremely compelling to help your customer succeed. They help to gauge your customers’ knowledge and recognize any learning gaps.
Testing your users’ knowledge and industry expertise allows you to acquire beneficial insights and modify your training sessions accordingly.
Besides, giving prompt feedback and resolutions lets your customers comprehend the correct o
Lanswers and feel an emotion of accomplishment.
5. Address Queries or Issues with Chatbots
Chatbots are tools that can communicate with users with voice or text commands. They can assist customers in finding information, responding to common questions, and resolving problems.
Implementing chatbots can lower response times and enhance customer success rates. Besides, they can free up customer service associates to tackle more complex problems, leading to cost savings.
Ensuring it is easy to use and can control a wide range of queries is crucial when building a chatbot. It should understand natural language and should be capable of human-like interactions.
6. Engage Your Audience with Live Q&A Sessions
Another fantastic tactic to increase customer success is live Q&A sessions. Q&A sessions allow attendees to discover more about a topic or even talk with someone they would never generally have access to.
These are the perfect forums to foster debates, exchange ideas, and share knowledge. This could be the opportunity to meet with your users one on one and get to know them and their challenges, feedback, and future requirements.
You can conduct these sessions on social media channels or via webinars.
7. Get Instant Feedback with Surveys & Polls
Using customer surveys and polls helps you determine areas to develop and capitalize on what you’re doing well.
What’s the best way to know what users think and need? It’s to simply ask them. Getting first hand opinion also cultivates a more positive association with your users.
Requesting, examining, and executing customer feedback is critical to enhancing your business and guaranteeing customer success. And a good form builder can help you get started!
8. Create Valuable Content Using Interactive E-books & Blogs
Interactive blogs and e-books help establish your firm as an industry leader. But how can you make a blog or ebook, which are types of static content pieces, interactive? Well, you can embed interactive content like quizzes and polls in your blog to make users engage directly with you.
This strategy can enable customers to make good decisions by offering them useful information. This can draw new users and also boost existing customer loyalty.
Blogs and e-books are the best ways to educate and engage your users. And turning them interactive can only make things better!
5 Helpful Customer Success Tools for Every Budget
HubSpot is a flexible customer success management software offering numerous customer-facing operations features. It provides software like SEO, social media marketing, content management, etc.
- It allows building forms that adjust to users’ browser history.
- Lets you put reminders for duties and follow-up activities.
- Sends automatic follow-up emails to customers.
- Has a built-in data analytics engine.
- Incorporates well with Salesforce, SugarCRM, Netsuite, etc.
Outgrow is a no-code tool to boost your customer success efforts with tools like calculators, quizzes, forms, polls, chatbots, giveaways, etc.
You can create an interactive tool within minutes and embed it on your website, blogs, or email newsletter. Outgrow also offers several premade templates optimized for your mobile, tablet, and desktop. This ensures you serve your customers without much effort.
- Customize the design as per your brand guidelines.
- Make beautiful quizzes and surveys with a drag and drop builder.
- Generate leads and deep customer insights.
- Integrate with 1000+ apps.
- Analyze the performance of your tools.
- Get around-the-clock chat support.
Zendesk, a cloud-based help desk management solution, offers customizable utilities to develop customer service portals, online communities, and knowledge bases. It provides a customizable front-end portal, integration with apps like Google Analytics and Salesforce, and live chat features.
- An all-in-one customer services and lead generation platform.
- Perform email, chat, phone, and social media altogether.
- Offers a lot of customization choices.
- Comprehensive, robust reporting and analytics.
- Supports several languages.
Front is a customer interaction platform that allows teams to consolidate texts across channels, drive them to the right individual, and get visibility into what’s occurring with every customer.
- Automatically aggregates & routes user conversations from your channels, guaranteeing every message reaches the right person.
- Calculate team performance and customer happiness.
- Live chat support for quick assistance.
- Strong analytics and reporting to measure success.
Helpjuice concentrates particularly on allowing users to build a customizable knowledge base to be utilized by both internal workers and their buyers. Such customization permits users to modify the look and feel of their brand’s internal and customer-facing knowledge base.
- Provides centralized knowledge repository.
- It has an intuitive, customizable, and user-friendly interface.
- Enables instant content updates and edition control.
- Provides strong search functionality to find appropriate information.
With customer expectations expanding continuously, customer success is a focus that can compel long-term business growth.
In this blog, we revealed 8 actionable strategies for achieving real customer success. We dived in further to find out 5 tools that help you get started on this journey.
It’s vital to note that customer success is not a one-time project but a constant process that needs ongoing effort and dedication. If you liked the tips we shared with you or have any questions, mention them in the comment section below.
All the best for your customer success journey!