Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google Ads has a serving and spending bug impacting many advertisers; the issue started earlier this morning and continued by the time this newsletter was published. Google Ads is testing local ads with expanding image carousels. Google Discover has “get the latest” on with an author name. Google Business Profile attributes are being automatically edited by Google. Google Ads updated its rewards policy to allow indirect and non-monetary offers.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- Not sure if I’ve seen SGE actually name the source in the answer like this before…, Lily Ray on X
- New alert in our account. Not sure what the difference between this vs a regular notification are but I like this kind (takes up space on the page) significantly less, Greg on X
- “Demand more from social with AI-powered ads” https://blog.google/products/ads-commerce/demand-more-from-social-with-ai-powered-ads/ Pretty cool to see @beyondthepaid , @MenachemAni , @DigitalSamIAm , @SchmelebeckPPC , @gilgildner featured. #PPCC, Greg on X
- Deeply saddened by the terrorist attacks in Israel this weekend and the escalating conflict underway. Google has 2 offices and over 2,000 employees in Israel. It’s unimaginable what they’re experiencing. Our immediate focus since, Sundar Pichai on X
- Demand Gen campaigns are out of beta & will begin rolling out to all advertisers today. Starting this week through early 2024, existing Discovery campaigns will be migrated to Demand Gen campaigns, Ginny Marvin on X
- Google business profile widely with expandable mode for all the section. Menus, reviews, about, contact info etc and many more in expandable mode., Khushal Bherwani on X
- Google’s AI Web Publisher Controls Technical Kickoff livestream coming up, Barry Schwartz on X
- This design for the hotel local pack is also new (not for other industries). When you click on the listing, the side panel opens – It doesn’t take you to Google Hotels, like at the moment., Lluc B. Penycate on X
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, on Threads, Mastodon and Bluesky and you can follow us on Facebook and on Google News and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.