Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google Ads has a beta that moves all your phrase and exact match keywords to broad match. Google Search Console’s desktop indexing reporting bug won’t be fixed any time soon. Google is investigating a bug with disappearing search results. Bing Chat can be accessed at chat.bing.com. Google added examples for derivatives, integrals, and limits to its Math Solver help documentation.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- Anyone see the Search Console recommendation show up in Google Analytics 4 (for sites that did not connect their Search Console profile to GA4) – if so, reply with a screenshot, Barry Schwartz on Twitter
- Fascinating #SEO find… @LinkedIn’s AI-generated, “collaborative” content is now ranking and earning Google featured snippets. The idea is for humans to add IRL experience into general knowledge AI content, but, Crystal Carter on Twitter
- First things first: Don’t use the cache, use the testing tools to see the rendered HTML. Then: Yes, we won’t recognise this as a link, so that’s not great., Martin Splitt on Twitter
- I don’t know for sure (nor your pages), I don’t think it’s a bug. I imagine (don’t know) the AMP cache is not guaranteed to be used, and also, if a page is only, John Mueller on Twitter
- There’s no reason to disavow links just because the linking website is in another language. They’re not bad links due to the language of the page. For some reason, this remains a somewhat common myth., John Mueller on Mastodon
- Uh oh, this isn’t good for @reddit. The pages from the protesting communities are going to start dropping out of search engines because of this noindex tag. It’s going to be interesting to see the traffic impact of this. https://, Patrick Stox on Twitter
- And new capabilities are added every day!, Mikhail Parakhin on Twitter
- The role of video can be huge in some verticals, not only in YouTube but also in Google visibility (and traffic). It can be also tricky to identify opportunities in Goog bc many of the rankings are from YouTube Channel, Aleyda Solis on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.