Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google’s search results are super-heated again, yet another unconfirmed Google search ranking update. Google said site names will improve soon, again. Google Bard was released to more countries with a bunch of new features. Google Search is testing new translation drop-downs. Google Search Generative Experience seems to be being used less frequently.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
- If you’re based near San Francisco, we have good news for you 🥁 join @danielwaisberg @dannysullivan @smfrogers @kristaseiden @jackiecchu and @5le for Search Central Live on Aug 10 🥳 Fill the form by July 21 to apply for a ticket https:, Google Search Central on Twitter
- In short, you can ignore these scores — Google doesn’t use them. Some SEO tools feel people want these metrics, but you definitely don’t need them. Focus on your site and its actual goals, John Mueller on Twitter
- Is it just me or has the Google Marketing Kit been Deleted by Google?, Zane Clements on LinkedIn
- We are having issues today on Google Ads with the system giving us errors and not letting us upload new ads. One error is it wants us to upload a 9:16 size ad. We currently have the correct 1.91:1 size but it gives error in G, KowAbundant on Twitter
- We’ve recently made exciting updates to our private search, browsers and more. 🦆 Find out what’s new in DuckDuckGo – the list is updated quarterly, DuckDuckGo on Twitter
- If you’re sure that there are no technical issues, it does look like our algorithms aren’t as happy with your site as they once were. Off-hand, I’d suggest going through our helpful-content + core update docs, there are a lot of ideas there., John Mueller on Twitter
- Lots of small things, fewer disengagements, but the main thing is plugin support., Mikhail Parakhin on Twitter
- My prediction is Threads (fun) + Linkedin (serious) for SEOs. I’m not a fan of either platform, awkward., John Mueller on Mastodon
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, on Threads, Mastodon and Bluesky and you can follow us on Facebook and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.