Behind every scientifically confident digital experience is a creative ideation process. This process brings together the diverse perspectives and strengths of all the various teams responsible for the entire customer journey – including marketing, digital experience teams, data science, product and engineering teams. Through a variety of brainstorming and prototyping techniques, ideation inspires the art of collaboration across your business, creating a vibrant culture of experimentation and innovation.
In the experiment lifecycle, ideation is the first exciting step in bringing your digital experiments to life. But as fun and free thinking as ideation can be, it does require a working framework, clear goals and strong facilitation skills in order to be effective.
Providing a best-in-class experimentation ideation framework
To simplify and guide the experimentation life cycle, Optimizely and Google Cloud have released the “How to build a winning experimentation program” guide. In it, you will find multiple worksheets and templates, including an Experimentation Ideation Framework. This template is designed to guide your experimentation ideas, across teams, from start to finish. Once completed, you will have a solid understanding of what data to consider when collecting and building your experiment hypothesis. Framework elements include:
- Experiment name – How will you and your team refer to the experiment? Is this internal only, or shareable with third parties?
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research – What customer feedback have you collected? What analytics data needs to be considered?
- Analyze – What problem are you trying to solve for the customer?
- Hypothesis – What do you predict the outcome of your experiment will be? Is the variable a website element that is the problem, such as a landing page or checkout funnel? What do you predict the outcome of your experiment will be? Is your prediction built on customer data?
- Top metrics and secondary metrics – What are the metrics you are using to measure success? Is it a combination of conversions, revenue, session durations, and more?
- Audience – Who is the audience that will take part in the experiment? Is it new or existing customers?
- Duration – How long will the experiment need to run, based on statistical significance?
- Next steps – Are you ready to prioritize your experiment ideas? Have you downloaded the Experimentation Prioritization Index? What about refining your idea using the Experimentation Roadmap Worksheet?
Are you ready to fuel a culture of experimentation and innovation?
By enabling diverse perspectives from multiple remote teams to integrate along the entire experimentation lifecycle, the best ideas and outcomes can rise to the top. Optimizely’s leading experimentation platform, powered by Google Cloud, delivers the secure and seamless foundation that businesses need for meaningful collaboration, experimentation and ideation across marketing, digital marketing, product and engineering teams to unleash the potential of your digital marketing and achieve greater results. And by leveraging ideation best practices, such as the Experimentation Ideation Framework, you can transform how your organization connects, creates and fuels a culture of experimentation and innovation.
Get started today! Download the “How to build a winning experimentation program” ebook to access valuable worksheets and templates.